Simulating Production Environments
For this project, we aimed to configure every framework according to the best practices for production deployments gleaned from documentation and popular community opinion. The goal is approximating a sensible production deployment as accurately as possible. We also want this project to be as transparent as possible, which is why we have posted our test suites on GitHub.
For language and framework specific details, view their README within their respective directory.
- ServerCentral: Dell R910 (4x 10-Core E7-4850 CPUs) application server; Dell R710 (2x 4-Core E5520 CPUs) database server; switched 10-gigabit Ethernet
- Azure: Cloud environment, Microsoft Azure D3v2 instances; switched gigabit Ethernet
- Peak: Dell R720xd dual Xeon E5-2660 v2 servers with 32 GB memory; database servers equipped with SSDs in RAID; switched 10-gigabit Ethernet
- EC2: Amazon EC2 c3.large instances; switched gigabit Ethernet
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04 64-bit